Thursday, July 9, 2009

Introduction...

Hey There!

My name's Ranya and I live in Ann Arbor, for the time being that is. My husband and I recently bought an old, run-down, and abandoned foreclosure house that was torn down just yesterday!
My brother (a professional builder) is building us a house on the property, and we are so excited! I plan on using this blog as a way to update the house's progress (with pictures, hopefully) and comment on the entire house-building process! I probably should have started this months ago - before we even bought the house - but I was pregnant and didn't think of it til now! Will try to post at least once every two weeks, but knowing me, it'll probably be more than that! At least in the beginning while I fill you in on all the details that we've already decided on.

Thinking of building a home yourself? Let me tell you, we've only just started but so far it has been extremely exciting...and I know so much more about houses now. It's hard for me to see a house without thinking, "Hmmm.. is that a hip roof, or a gable?" Or, "Wow, check out the stone on that house! But wait, is that cultured stone?" and my newest obsessions, "Look at that front door!" and "To hardwood or not, that is the question."

So for the next week or so I will start at the very beginning. And the adventure begins! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :-)
The pre-building stage includes:

No comments:

Post a Comment