Friday, November 20, 2009

Leave the planning to God...

As much as we plan, things can always go wrong... Unfortunately, something went wrong with our sewer (don't ask me details because I honestly don't understand it all). We had to order a new piece which 1. was extremely costly, but also 2. pushed back our move-in date. We've already signed a 3-year lease agreement with a Canadian couple starting Nov 30th... Our options aren't many:
1. Put our stuff in storage and stay at my parents' until the house is ready.
2. Ask the couple to push back the move-in date at least a week (maybe more).

As for the storage, I talked to our moving company and it'll basically be like paying for 2 moves... so that's really out of the question for us.

I'm going to talk to our realtor today and have her ask the tenants if they can wait 10 days... If yes, we're good to go. If no, then we gotta start looking for new tenants I guess. (I already have 3 leads, ppl sent me emails from Craigslist after we signed with the couple.)

I've already packed our linens and a bunch of other stuff. Looks like I'm gonna have to live without them for 3 more weeks. *Sigh* What can you do? These things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment